Wifi working.

Started by BTVHack, 06. Mar 2008, 01:19

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

BTVHack

Just a quick message to say I used a wireless bridge to get my
second box connected to the network, device is booting and I am
able to access on demand services.

The service will only allow you to access on-demand content from one box at a time however,
so is aware of another device using the connection.

mikeprotts

Can you get both boxes to record and/or playback from broadcast TV?

Cheers
Mike

BTVHack

I've not tried that but I will, however both can watch live tv, so I am presuming that both will record as it uses the
buffer space on the HDD as soon as you start watching a particular channel.

Only thing is, you cannot watch on demand services on both boxes at the same time, but in the config files there is
a field for multiroom support, which can be changed if the content.sig will allow you to.

mikeprotts

I'm not sure if recording will work as it seems to rely on the server providing information.  It would be interesting to see the traffic - even if the content is encrypted there may be clues from the headers.

Cheers
Mike

BTVHack

I dont think it will make a difference, I had conencted my second box to the network before and was given a list of recorded programs from my other box, however they where obviously not available. I think they take note of what is being recorded as a backup should anything happen to your list of recordings. One thing though it is possible that they are only using it for TV ratings information so should not make a difference.

clpxm39

28. Mar 2009, 08:56 Last Edit: 28. Mar 2009, 11:23 by clpxm39

Can you get both boxes to record and/or playback from broadcast TV?

Cheers
Mike

Although my second box (chipped) starts recording using the settings from my first box, it doesn't actually record the program, just black screen (first box records fine as normal). When you play back on the second box, it says "programme unavailable".

I can play back the previous owner's recordings on the second box. They are still available because I never allowed the box to boot while connected until I had fitted the modchip and modified NK.BIN etc.

Go Up