BT Vision what can I expect .....

Started by Plasma, 24. Jun 2009, 21:59

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Plasma

24. Jun 2009, 21:59 Last Edit: 24. Jun 2009, 22:01 by Plasma
Hey folks, pretty new to the forum, spent the last 2 days reading threads and gathering info.

I was recently given a BT Vision DT9719.05 with no disk. I've popped a disk in and managed to get it to boot and install to the 'C03' message.

I've ordered my ATMEGA8 chip and can't wait for it to arrive.

Once it gets here and I've programmed and installed it, and replaced the relevant files on the disk with the improved versions  :P , I'm assuming I'll be able to boot the box and get to use it as a freeview box? My main aim initially is to be able to Pause and rewind live TV, and obviously would be great to get PVR functionality working too. Am I expecting too much?

I'm basically looking for confirmation of what kind of functionality I can expect get out of it.

I have other hopes but would like to walk before I can run. Great forum guys and lots of good info, keep it up!

Plasma

is0-mick

at the moment with windows CE you will probably be able to get freeview and some media sharing (pics and mp3) with a few modifications.

With linux you will probably be able to play some mp3 and video files.

Mick

Plasma

at the moment with windows CE you will probably be able to get freeview and some media sharing (pics and mp3) with a few modifications.

With linux you will probably be able to play some mp3 and video files.

Mick

Ahh so no PVR? :( I already have FreeView and FreeSat in my TV so was hoping for a little more but I understand from reading around that the epg etc comes from BT so without a sub that door will be closed. Though at this point I'd be happy to get the box to do anything other than look pretty on the shelf! Got a few friends interested too, one is a very competent programmer so if I can talk him in to getting on board he may be able to assist you guys in getting the complex stuff working.

I'll be going with Windows CE first as thats what I know most about, have written a few programs for my PDA and for Windows etc so have some but limited coding knowledge there.

I am however slowly learning Linux so once I become a little more confident with it I might switch and give that a try too.

Thanks for the reply mick!

Plasma

Plasma

Woop! I have it working.

How can I turn off the anoying green light at the front? it has a speech bubble next to it so I asume its a "You have a message" or notification of some kind, been through the menu's but can't find owt??

Cheers

Plasma

is0-mick

In the C# Code, TV2Engine.SetLED is the command that sets the LED status. Examples are below.

TV2Engine.SetLED(TV2LED.Connected, TV2LEDmode.Blink);
TV2Engine.SetLED(TV2LED.Standby, TV2LEDmode.On);
TV2Engine.SetLED(TV2LED.Recording, TV2LEDmode.Off);

Mick

Go Up