A few questions on the BT Vision box model `DIT7421/05`

Started by mathew!, 11. Aug 2009, 14:16

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

mathew!

11. Aug 2009, 14:16 Last Edit: 11. Aug 2009, 15:04 by mathew!
I have been diging around the forums as a guest for a while now and not observed any confirmation if there is or is not a JTAG or a Softmod, that can be applyed to this box to enable unsigned code on this device.

I am intrested in using this box becouse of its LAN and USB connections mostly.

Any directions or extra info would i would be thankful for.

Edit : Upon looking around the hardware forum i noticed a simular box but this box seems to be slightly diffrent from the one posted in pictures.

-mathew!

is0-mick

cant see a softmod happening, unless bt do something really stupid! (hmm then again...)

one of the other guys tried with a box similar to yours, but i think theres a few different revisions?

Maybe post a pic of your board? is there a jtag header on it?

Mick

mathew!

16. Aug 2009, 22:04 Last Edit: 17. Aug 2009, 14:03 by mathew!

cant see a softmod happening, unless bt do something really stupid! (hmm then again...)

one of the other guys tried with a box similar to yours, but i think theres a few different revisions?

Maybe post a pic of your board? is there a jtag header on it?

Mick

I shall see what i can do, there don't appear to be a JTAG header on it but i have observed connections for resistors, that seem to be present and need to be added on the jtagable versions.

I will get a picture.

Edit : Attached images, on #2 i have red boxed a point of interest, what seems simular to another boards connections(Possable JTAG pins?)

hifistereo

This may be a dead topic but was anything resolved?

I have exactly the same board. A quick prod of the highlighted possible jtag header (8 pins labeled 3333) shows none of them connected to gnd and where is the jtag enable jumber?

is0-mick

What I would do in your situation is look at the wiki at the JTAG on chip.. scratch away at the varnish.. then you can meter between those known tracks, and the ones on the actual PCB.

I think it may be a bit time consuming, but you may end up finding the traces on the PCB.

Mick

Go Up