is the modchip working on my x300t ?

Started by tumpulio, 15. May 2009, 07:01

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tumpulio

no you have a lead from modchip (the reset pin) which normally goes to the usb and detects reset. you can 'fake' a reset by grounding the lead for a moment which should make the modchip repatch the bootloader which in turn makes the leds toggle, again, something is wrong if all the led's are off

Ok the situation is this:

Powering up the box, the modchip lights the led, first the yellow, after the red... the yellow again and stop... anything...
Simulating the reset, connecting the reset pin to the ground, the modchip restarts making the same sequence that I've just explained.

Could be a software problem on the hard disk?

Herman

possibly, however its never going to work if the modchip isnt lighting the green led as its not detecting the cpu correctly and patching the ram to boot any software that isnt signed. the fact it does 'something' when grounding the line indicates the chip is programmed (perhaps correctly....) so my money is on wiring connections or jtag enable

tumpulio

now I'm looking to find the max3232 chip to create the rs232 interface, to investigate what the modchip does.

Wiring connections are ok, and also the JTAG is correcly connected to the chipset... I have no idea... pheraps a non crackable version of the bootloader?

Hoernchen

Probably just a newer/older bootloader version.
bringer of linux, conqueror of hdmi, jack of all trades.

is0-mick

You could try the jtag software that runs on the PC instead of the modchip, if the bootloader is a different version it should tell you if it is not a supported version.

If it is unsupported you could then dump the bootloader with the other PC tool thats on the wiki.

Mick

tumpulio

You could try the jtag software that runs on the PC instead of the modchip, if the bootloader is a different version it should tell you if it is not a supported version.

If it is unsupported you could then dump the bootloader with the other PC tool thats on the wiki.

Mick

Today I'm ready to make a test with the serial interface. First thing I would like to see what kind of bootloader is in my box, using the UART0 on board...

Next, I've modded the modchip to connect the serial interface, but what kind of software I need to see what the modchip does via the serial interface?

asgard

01. Jun 2009, 10:35 Last Edit: 01. Jun 2009, 10:37 by asgard

Next, I've modded the modchip to connect the serial interface, but what kind of software I need to see what the modchip does via the serial interface?

In Windows you can use the Hyperterminal...thats all.
You can find it here (German XP but it is easy to find it in an english XP): Start > Alle Programme > Zubehör (in english Accessoir) > Kommunikation > Hyper Terminal

asgard

EDIT:
http://www.colinfahey.com/phone_interface/windows_menu_hyperterminal.jpg

tumpulio

ok perfect... in fact I've used hyper terminal, but I've asked you what program to use, because in hyper terminal, I didn't receive any message.

My serial is configured at 115200 8N1 ... but I don't receive anything... :(

shallmar

Hi,
I'm new on this forum.
I read that you install a modchip.
But where you find this, where buy the modchip, and what model buy?
Thanks
Bets Regards

loneranger

you have to create your own using a atmega8 chip which you can buy on ebay the schemtacis are in the how to pdf fiile

tumpulio

In Windows you can use the Hyperterminal...thats all.
You can find it here (German XP but it is easy to find it in an english XP): Start > Alle Programme > Zubehör (in english Accessoir) > Kommunikation > Hyper Terminal

asgard

EDIT:
http://www.colinfahey.com/phone_interface/windows_menu_hyperterminal.jpg

Ok, new update... the schematic that I've found here http://www.t-hack.com/forum/index.php?topic=47.msg1170#msg1170 for the "full" version of the modchip, has got error on the rs-232 PC SIDE connection, the TX-RX are inverted.
Problem solved, I've succesfully connected to the UART0 on the board, and I've seen that the bootloader is the 1053, so it's a good thing because the modchip works with this version.

After that, i've connected the serial interface to the modchip, but in this case I didn't receive anything.

Only two characters: one at the starting of the machine, and another when the red led lights up... and after all, the modchip, like I've said, shutdown all the leds and nothing happens.

What can I do with the serial interface connected to the modchip?
Always use hyperterminal or putty? 115200 baud rate or what else?

Thanks in advance...

tumpulio

Good morning... any suggestion for the serial on the modchip?

is0-mick

Sounds like it may not be programmed correctly? Clock speed maybe? either that or you have the wrong baud rate / settings in hyper terminal?

Mick

tumpulio

Sounds like it may not be programmed correctly? Clock speed maybe? either that or you have the wrong baud rate / settings in hyper terminal?

Mick

in hyper terminal 115200 8N1 is the configuration, is it wrong?

The chip should be programmed well because I ve checked the chip many times.

What about the clock speed?

loneranger

hi
i am also having troublw with this i have the max3232 chip just wondering if i need to power this also i believe the baud rate is 38400 8n2

Go Up