ce build environments

Started by Herman, 26. May 2008, 11:12

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Herman

i thought i'd post stating my build environment to see if im missing anything obvious and to see if everyong is using the same version / tools for developing ce code.

visual studio 2005
dot net 1.1 (required for)
project builder 5.0 (120 day trial ver + mips II support)

when everything is fully installed i intend to post settings etc if / when they work !
if others have done similar it may be worth posting info ?

mce2222

you need  "dot net 2.0 compact framework"

Hoernchen

project builder 5.0 (120 day trial ver + mips II support)
I'd prefer the Windows CE standard SDK because the project builder is quite useless without the smp863x BSP.
bringer of linux, conqueror of hdmi, jack of all trades.

mce2222

26. May 2008, 13:43 Last Edit: 26. May 2008, 13:49 by mce2222
and it is the platform builder not the project builder, right ? ;)

currently I am using the visual studio 2008 with the CE 6.0 SDK, but that does not support MIPS any more only ARM.
but it is ok if dot net is used.

Herman

and it is the platform builder not the project builder, right ? ;)

erm.... quite possibly :p

I had initially seen ce 6.0 but decided against it and went for 5.0 as this was the current platform for the bt box so not sure what issues this may throw up if all the box drivers etc refer to 5.0 commands ?

Hoernchen

Stick with 5.0. You won't be able to build your own Windows Ce for the box anyway, not even "rebuilding" a nk.bin from the extracted files is possible, so it doesn't really matter. That's why the Windows CE SDK is sufficient.
bringer of linux, conqueror of hdmi, jack of all trades.

is0-mick

The guys on xdadevelopers cook roms (custom made ones) which are recompiled NK.BIN's in effect from files....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=343044

Maybe some of their tools can do that?

Mick

mce2222

yes we use for example their dumprom.exe to get all the contents out of the nk.bin

one problem is that their tools are usually hardcoded for ARM cpus and mostly work with Windows Mobile 6
older tools for WinCE 5 exist but the ones I found had a lot of bugs and did not work very well with our setup.

but I am sure that there are people on xda-developers that would be able to help us... if we would want to modify our nk.bin

Go Up