BT Vision 2.0 Black Box linux software..

Started by is0-mick, 02. Dec 2012, 21:48

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

is0-mick

Just wondering if anyone has sniffed the URL / Update / Firmware for this?

Mick

donnylad

i have the Black Bt Vision box DiT7431/05 any help to get it working would be most helpful my m8 had Bt broadband now its all cut off he gave me the box and i have Bt infinity cos i don't have bt vision active on my line i get error c03 am not planning on getting bt vision active on my line if there was a way of getting to use it free view box and possibly the recording to would on it would be awesome if i do find anything i will post it up on here

steve3123

Mick!
Ive been following this with the hope to actually participate something, now i can.
I dont have my silver vision box but i can confirm this works with the black box. 

*** YOU WILL NEED A BB CONNECTION ***

my black box has sat in the loft for almost two years, so its missed a few updates, but after being off work cos of the christmas hols, and that Bt have rolled out the ''new look vision'' linux software. I figured id try and download the latest firmware.
this works on any BB connection not just Bt.
***this will only get you the new firmware not activate your box ***

Do not plug in your ethernet cable just yet

press and hold ''ok and down''
insert power lead whilst still holding ''ok and down''
wait for the cog to come up on screen.
plug in the ethernet cable.
You should see the progress bar start to fill up once download completes
2 cogs will come up on screen and again a progress bar fills up.
once completed you will see the ''new look vision logo''
let it look for your hub, or let it come up C03 error, then go to diagnostics info, and there it is. The latest software installed on the box.
I have no knowledge of linux, but i figured this may help you.

oscar

Hello.
I've been reading all over the place regarding the Black Pace BTVision + box.
I do not have a BT hub or BT BB.
I picked up one of these boxes and can download the software to it by holding buttons in etc (one cog 2 cogs etc) then I get a C03 error and that is the end of that.
If I press the "BT Vision" button on the remote when the box is setting up I can get to  a "channel scan" menu.
Selecting scan simply stays at 0%.
If I press the "ON Demand" button the box resets and sets up again.
A second press of the "On demand" button starts another software down load.

Any suggestions please ---keep it clean ?!!
Thanks

oscar

01. Mar 2014, 15:09 Last Edit: 01. Mar 2014, 15:20 by oscar
Hello, Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me Is there anyone home !!

Picked up another of these boxes today  --- this one boots up with a different screen and works as a Freeview box.
The menu looks different.
Is there any way of sniffing the software off this one and using it in the other one?
Is this info on the hard drive or written into the board?
I haven't tried swapping the hard drives over to see if it will make the bad one work.

Any help appreciated --- even if you read this please just reply with a hello !!
Thanks
Regards

steve3123

Hello, Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me Is there anyone home !!

Picked up another of these boxes today  --- this one boots up with a different screen and works as a Freeview box.
Is there any way of sniffing the software off this one and using it in the other one?
I haven't tried swapping the hard drives over to see if it will make the bad one work.

Any help appreciated --- even if you read this please just reply with a hello !!
Thanks
Regards

whoops, sorry for the delay. From how I understand the BTvision box works the new firmware is downloaded and written to the box itself, its not stored on the hard drive so there is no way to copy it.

oscar

Thanks
Regards

whoops, sorry for the delay. From how I understand the BTvision box works the new firmware is downloaded and written to the box itself, its not stored on the hard drive so there is no way to copy it.

Now it's my turn to apologise !!
Thanks for the info ....
Regards

Go Up