BT Vision - Mwwhhaahaaaahaaaaaa (work in progress!)

Started by is0-mick, 25. Aug 2008, 13:31

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

is0-mick

25. Aug 2008, 13:31 Last Edit: 25. Aug 2008, 13:52 by asgard
Unsubbed box, and I don't have BT Broadband.....

TV Playing (with my menu displayed)

Epg, with "No info"

Bottom EPG

Google! - using built in browser

Demo Page

Streaming Audio!

Still VERY early days..... Lots of stuff broken.....

Mick

EDITED by Asgard: Links fixed

asgard

Great, looks good ;)

I'm waiting for more information  ::)

Herman

:D well done mick !!!
LOTS of progress this weekend and hopeflly raised the bar quite a bit and helped lots more folk get involved to make this box singing :)

redband

Wow quite a bit of progress has been made while I've been away...
Mick, were you able to find the xml modifications to change the menus or have you got the custom menu working with your own code/modification to existing code?  I was playing with XML files for ages but never found a way to get chages to show up...

Cool that you guys found a way to allow execution of any wince code...  looking forward to trying out some of the apps I was trying to run previously...

Nice Work...

Redband

is0-mick

Yeah, you been missing all the fun!

I just modded the menu's myself, the modifications showed up no problem.
You need to modify the exe file on an unsubbed box to get as far as the menu's in the first place.

Mick

dark1stu

hi , im new to this and im useless when it cone to programing , but how did you get the dam thing to boot without the internet , as i could do with geting out box running , bt have screwed us over , all we want to do is get it to run without the internet connection ta stu

Herman

there are a few issues preventing loading.
Main ones are the fact the client contacts the service providers website for time + other settings required to boot.
The bootstrap can be ignored but gives a pretty much non functional box and as there is no battery backup on board the time is screwed also.
Partial boot can be got with internet giving time via ntp but time will tell whether anything else can be sorted.

dark1stu

its a bit of a intresting toy   , hears what we do have a none bt internet connection , the main thing is thears a couple of films etc on the hdd that we would like to watch , they are off dvb not downloaded content ,

thanks stu

warrmr

looking good there.

im abit of a noob when it comes to hardware hacks what kind of work has been done to this box to get it up and runing as it is now as i have aquired a BTvision box from ebay for £17.

I understand that there is some phisycal mods that you guys doto the box in the form of a modchip and then some minor software hacks.

can someone point me in the right direction to get this running as mick has done.

also the box that i have comes without a HDD so when i put in a blank formatted HDD i understand that it connects to the bt servers to DL some info will it matter that im not on BT ADSL.

is0-mick

Go Up