HOW TO

Started by is0-mick, 29. Aug 2008, 17:27

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

fbnts

Thanks for the info.  I was looking at printing a PCB to put the chip, resisters and a DB25 port on.  Would this below be suitable before I go through and etch it!

Tom

is0-mick

Yeah, looks OK, although seems a bit extreme for what you actually need.
Just use veroboard?

Personally I just programmed the chip, then just solder a few wires direct to it. Then just hot glue it with the legs in the air to the card reader pcb :) (i've done a few).

I don't think I've updated the firmware since I first got it working.....so no real need to reprogram it again.

Mick

fbnts

Ah ok, on the DB25 port, do I really need to link 12 to 2 and 11 to 3?

Also are the resisters 330ohm 1/4 watt?

Tom

is0-mick

unsure about the 12 to 2 and 11 to 3 cant quite remember.. its been a while since I needed to program one of these :D

you can proably skip the resistors even, there just there for protection. It worked fine for me without them :P

Mick

warrmr

03. Mar 2009, 22:26 Last Edit: 03. Mar 2009, 22:38 by warrmr
This is the board that Pete (DarkNeo) made for my box

There is a hookup on there for JTAG to the box ISP to the programmer and the last is for the serial port for debugging.

The Schematic is here http://www.t-hack.com/forum/index.php?topic=47.msg1170#msg1170 we used the full modchip one.

I hope Neo doesnt mind me hotlinking the image from his webalbum.

fbnts

Thanks warrmr - will probably go down the veroboard route.  Just need to work out where to break the track.

Is the serial worth putting on?  What sort of debug does it give?

Tom

warrmr

The serial was only useful for use on the initial setup as its not used once the modchip is up and running.

We had an issue where it was not patching the box correctly and we couldent work out why. so we hooked it upto the serial and we found out that the modchip wasnt interupting the processor correctly and was getting an incorrect processor ID.

It turned out the box i had the JTAG had been disabled so i wacked it up on EBAY and then baught a older revision that had JTAG enabled.

http://www.t-hack.com/forum/index.php?topic=327.15 that has some info on the problems we had with my box.

prs_gb60

Hi,
Do we really need to use a modchip ?

I have a BT Vision box that I will either use to convert or if things go bad will just recover the hard disk.
I currently use a thomson freeview box but it keeps crashing.

Have not got a clue on where to start with making the modchip.

But love attempting to convert things.

Peter

jubij

hi there can someone help me with this receiver a friend of mine gave me this bt vision box and i woud like to know with this box i got a dreambox .so can i change the software from the provider?
how?i don't want to chip because i don't know how to do it an my interest is to record filmes and use this for media
many thanks

mce2222

without modchip you cannot change anything on the boxes, so it is an absolute must-have.

osedok

Hi Mick,
Could you please have a look at this board?
It is slightly different from your pdf, I do not have the JTAG connector.
Any idea?
Regards,
Andrzej

is0-mick

Only thing I can think to try is to meter from the pins on the chip
http://www.t-hack.com/wiki/index.php/EJTAG_on_SMP

and see if the points go anywhere on the board...
Is this a BT box? if so what model?

Mick

osedok

11. Apr 2009, 16:39 Last Edit: 11. Apr 2009, 18:00 by osedok
Thank's Mick,
I will try to follow the paths from the chip and let yoy know.
It's oryginal BT Vision box bought in 11/2008.
This box contain new rev. of the media chip.
In your pdf there is 0711 rev. B mine is 0822 rev.C - is there any difference?

BT Vision
DIT7 421/05

S/N: 0834033....

Regards,
Andrzej

troffathack

Mick,

Was wondering - did you keep the motherboard in place when soldering or remove it. The USB pad is pretty small. Also, can you still record or do you currently have a "Freeview Receiver" only?

Thanks,

Troffa

is0-mick

Motherboard was in place, no need to remove it. USB pad is fairly small.. not as small as soldering directly to a tsop or whatever tho :D

Freeview only at the moment, I haven't had a lot of time to contribute to the project lately due to family and personal circumstances :(

Mick

Go Up