HOW TO

Started by is0-mick, 29. Aug 2008, 17:27

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

mce2222

you do not need a circuit board. all wires can be soldered directly to the chip and also the one capacitor can be easily soldered directly to the chip.

Hertsman

The information you have provided is truly amazing. Many thanks for your help.

mobilemail

Hello
Can anybody send me patched TV2ClientCE2.exe please.
Thanks

Praet0ri4n

Hi all,

I have a X301T Box and I definitely will try the stepps described in the how to PDF. All of the lines there and here in the forum are amazing and I am enjoing the reading too. But unfortunately some of the infos provided are very inaccurate for me.

I have gone that far, that I bought a ATMEGA8 chip, which may be somewhere on the way to my address :)
Reading the how to is really self explaining but i experience problems understanding the lines at this point "Install the modchip (soldering required)".
At this point I should have 4 (actually 5 according to the "Simplified AVR ISP Programmer" picture) cables raging out of the LPT port. They should be connected to the AVR chip, hm, is this the ATMEGA8? Or is it another chip located somewhere inside the box? Well i guessed it is ATMEGA8.

I have to solder the 4 cables directly to the feet of the chip. Well next problem is, that according to the picture of the simplified programmer, there are no cable numbers (like JTAG pin 3, 9, 7 or 5) but their names are MISO, RESET, MOSI, SCK, hm... If i would trace them back to the LPT port, the pin numbers would be 6, 7, 9 and 10.

Where do the 4 cables from the Programmer actually have to lead to? ATMEGA chip or JTAG Port? This is quite missleading "Connect the 4 wires to the JTAG port." as in the detailed description the JTAG pins have to be connected with the ATMEGA feet.  8)

By the way, where do I connect the extra 5V power supply? which pins?

Obviously I am missing some point. Thus I started to draw some basic scheme. I d be very thankfull if somebody could fill in the missing parts  ;) And please dont laugh at my artistic skills....

mnc

09. Mar 2011, 21:54 Last Edit: 09. Mar 2011, 21:59 by mnc

Where do the 4 cables from the Programmer actually have to lead to? ATMEGA chip or JTAG Port? This is quite missleading "Connect the 4 wires to the JTAG port." as in the detailed description the JTAG pins have to be connected with the ATMEGA feet.  8)

By the way, where do I connect the extra 5V power supply? which pins?

Obviously I am missing some point. Thus I started to draw some basic scheme. I d be very thankfull if somebody could fill in the missing parts  ;) And please dont laugh at my artistic skills....

The 4 wires from the programmer will be to the ATmega8 chip. The names of the wires corresponding to the ATmega8 chip pin names instead of numbers but you can easily work this out.
So,
MISO -> pin18(ATmega8)
RESET -> pin1(ATmega8)
MOSI -> pin17(ATmega8)
SCK -> pin19(ATmega8)

The extra 5v supply is needed for the powering the ATmega chip whilst programming it. This would be connected to
+5 -> VCC (pin7)
0v(GND) -> (GND) pin8

Would be interested to know how you get on as, I have just switch ISP and now have a unusable BT Vision box.

lastly, you would program the chip(ATmega) before connecting it to the JTAG. So basically your burning a program to the chip then connecting the chip to the JTAG.

joe.szabo

Hello!
I'm from hungary!

I have got a little problem:
I've a got a programmed modchip,I patched a nk.bin, copied xml-s.
But, what about an tv2clientce2.exe?
Where can i download this?
Must copy tv2clientce2 exe to hard disk?
Plese help me.
Thanx, Joe (joe.szabo@freemail.hu)

creative.hu

hi everybody,

There is a little problem I wouldlike to download the files what the manual said, but the megauplod does not exist.
Please send me the working link.

thx a lot!

POPkiller

hi everybody,

There is a little problem I wouldlike to download the files what the manual said, but the megauplod does not exist.

thx a lot!

hy ppl
I wouldlike to download this files to

mreg

28. May 2012, 16:55 Last Edit: 28. May 2012, 17:04 by mreg
Hi !
Atmel supplier told me there are ATMEGA8L-8PU or ATMEGA8-16PU circuits available. Which one is suitable ? (8PU is 8Mhz and 3...5V, 16PU is 16Mhz 5V)
Thanks for the great work !
mreg

Rapturoso

hi everybody,

thx a lot!

hy ppl

I wouldlike to download this files to

Looks like this thread is well and truly necro'd.  :'(

There's no PDF in the first post here and nothing exists in the way of files or downloads.  :-\

Megaupload was shut down last year due to the owners being tried and convicted of running an illegal service.   ;)

Now I'm at a complete loss, just like many others reading here,  as to how to get these (three) BT Vision (old silver version) boxes reprogrammed.

Is there anywhere else we can get info on re-flashing these "Microsoft IPTV" units so that we can use them as Freeview HD and LAN connected media players and HD PVRs on Linux?

n13ldo

Registered here as I found this thread in relation to the BT Vision Box I've acquired.

There is a PDF on post #1 of this thread, ok but the PC support files linked to megaupload are no more as the host is gone.

Can someone else on here make these available somehow?

Thanks  8)

inside4ndroid

hi everyone i am new here as i have just aquired a BT Vision PACE DIT7431/05 with the bt vision card still in it although i do not have bt broadband and never will.. sooo i would like to hop on board and blow this little box apart :)

i have extensive experiance in jtagging xbox360's and mobile phones but i have never done a box like this before.. i have done a lot of reading but i am still a little confused on how to get the ATMEGA8 chip hooked up?? i have the pdf from the first post although that pcb board is different to my box?

i have found this image which is0-mick here on the forums has kindly made available..

could someone help me with connecting this up to the chip and jtag ltp port?

thanks in advance..

Go Up