Update.

Started by BTVHack, 14. Dec 2008, 01:09

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

BTVHack

14. Dec 2008, 01:09 Last Edit: 09. Feb 2009, 10:21 by BTVHack
Just told my box it could update...... what is new..... find out in a[[rox 15 mins......

is0-mick

14. Dec 2008, 01:17 Last Edit: 14. Dec 2008, 01:26 by is0-mick
Cool,
I knew they were pushing an update, but only to certain boxes at a time.
I tried the pkgtool earlier but it was the old version, I'll try that again now.

EDIT:

Pkg downloader still gets the 1.2.14642.0 version of tv2client.exe, please see if your "new" version is different.
Thanks

Mick

redband

Mick,
They put it only on their update server to begin with, this is different to the main pkg download bit...
I think the update server is split by BT area, and may only be available to those connected to those specific servers via BT BB.  The updates are then made to the main server later...
I was just offered the update on my "proper" box, so I'm grabbing the packets...
try this...
http://ref-bootstrap.nevis.btopenworld.com/upgrade/upgrade-files/005/Philips_DiT9719_05_L3/1.2.14666.651/PKG.DIR

BTVHack

sorry.... fell asleep whilst it did the update. Thats what two bottles of wine does on your birthday. Off to bed will look tommorrow.

is0-mick

Mick,
They put it only on their update server to begin with, this is different to the main pkg download bit...
I think the update server is split by BT area, and may only be available to those connected to those specific servers via BT BB.  The updates are then made to the main server later...
I was just offered the update on my "proper" box, so I'm grabbing the packets...
try this...
http://ref-bootstrap.nevis.btopenworld.com/upgrade/upgrade-files/005/Philips_DiT9719_05_L3/1.2.14666.651/PKG.DIR

Thanks Red,
seems to be working in the pkgdownloader no problem :)

Mick

is0-mick

Reflectored both files, and did a compare with utracompare...

Not much seems to have changed from the previous version, only a few differences, none of which seem too major.
Some changes around the DVBManager.cs and few changes around the DvbCASmartcard.cs area..

Probably just bug fixes etc.

Mick

redband

Interesting thing is, with the above URL you can grab any available FW version, just by changing the version number :-)
eg

The "readme" for the latest firmware is here...
http://beta.bt.com/bta/forums/ann.jspa?annID=131

btw, I'm just playing with dvbmanager, as I'm fairly sure full EPG can be enabled...but that'll appear in it's own thread if successful... ;-)

is0-mick

maybe its worth knocking up a small app to try different versions (maybe a debug one lurking there somewhere?)

ie
attempt to download

x = 14666
y = 651

ref-bootstrap.nevis.btopenworld.com/upgrade/upgrade-files/005/Philips_DiT9719_05_L3/1.2.x.y/PKG.DIR

it leaves quite a few possibilities tho :(

Mick

redband

Dunno mate...  It might be worth going through once, but I reckon if it gets hammered it might prompt them to smarten up...
I think you'll only find released updates on there.

BTVHack

One thing I have noticed that it now has  a super boot time, under a minute.

Apologies for the clunking STOP PRESS.... made sense when I was drunk.

warrmr

Interesting thing is, with the above URL you can grab any available FW version, just by changing the version number :-)
eg

The "readme" for the latest firmware is here...
http://beta.bt.com/bta/forums/ann.jspa?annID=131

btw, I'm just playing with dvbmanager, as I'm fairly sure full EPG can be enabled...but that'll appear in it's own thread if successful... ;-)

Neos been looking into that and has managed to get the now and next data workingand was trying to get a full 14 day epg from the radio times xmltv pages.

I cant seem to find the section of code that enables the EIT now and next data.

redband

You can enable the now and next with an entry in the config XML, something like EnableVPS, but only the now and next sections are processed.

Go Up