HTML/HTTP content

Started by xmob, 30. Apr 2009, 16:52

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

xmob

I've seen several posts giving an indication that users have been able to get their BT Vision box to talk HTTP and render HTML.

Try as I might, I cannot seem to manage this.   >:(

I get a black screen with "Starting. Please wait.", then nothing else?

What have I got wrong?

is0-mick

What modifications have you done to your box?

Mick

xmob

I've added the mod chip, which is working fine.  (Did you know a dead ATX power supply has all the parts needed to make an RS232 AVR programmer?  :) )
Also patched NK.BIN and modified a few xml files as per your howto.

Just as a test, I tried a href to a web server on a local machine on my network.  No request was ever made to the web server.

xmob

More specifically:
I have edited [font=courier]BootstrapDiag.xml[/font] so that one of the hrefs points to a plain HTML file on my server.

Interestingly the [font=courier]file:[/font] hrefs to files on the device do the same thing also.

xmob

Just as a matter of interest, what is the browser based on?  Is it PIE on IE4CE?

mce2222

mobile IE6

is0-mick

I've added the mod chip, which is working fine.  (Did you know a dead ATX power supply has all the parts needed to make an RS232 AVR programmer?  :) )
Also patched NK.BIN and modified a few xml files as per your howto.

Just as a test, I tried a href to a web server on a local machine on my network.  No request was ever made to the web server.

Cool, Glad to see someone else having a mess about with these :)

Not sure what modified tv2client you are using (if any)

Mick

xmob

Not sure what modified tv2client you are using (if any)

I'm not.   :-\

I think I need somebody to PM me some help.   ;)

xmob

When starting tv2tasman.exe from the web interface I get this error:
Code: [Select]

2.try... The system cannot find the file specified. nativeCode:-2147479552 errorCode:-2147467259 base:System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified.
at System.Diagnostics.PalErrors.Error()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at BooterCE.Httpd.HttpServer.executeFile()
at BooterCE.Httpd.HttpServer.handleCommand()
at BooterCE.Httpd.HttpServer.OnResponse()
at BooterCE.Httpd.HttpRequest.Process()

I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious here.   ???

Mulder3

mobile IE6

No, it´s not based on mobile IE6 nor Desktop IE6, as matter of fact, Tasman is a way better than IE6(mobile or desktop) in terms of standards compliance, tasman is based on old IE mac version.
more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasman_(layout_engine)

My provider(Portugal Telecom) has some xhtml pages on a server and i redirect them on my router to my own web server, so i can display content on a normal unmodified box, actualy i have written a youtube client(using youtube api and some magic to get the actual flv url from youtube IDs) in php+xhtml+css+javascript using a custom CGI written in C that wrapps FFmpeg, so i can do the transcoding of flash video(FLV) to WMV9 on the fly. It´s currently in beta, but i plan to release it (GPL) when it´s ready.
I normally use Firefox and Microsoft Entourage for Mac 2004 (2008 doesn´t use Tasman, it uses Apple's WebKit) for testing since we don´t have access to the official emulator.

is0-mick

08. May 2009, 21:38 Last Edit: 08. May 2009, 21:41 by is0-mick

When starting tv2tasman.exe from the web interface I get this error:
Code: [Select]

2.try... The system cannot find the file specified. nativeCode:-2147479552 errorCode:-2147467259 base:System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified.
at System.Diagnostics.PalErrors.Error()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at BooterCE.Httpd.HttpServer.executeFile()
at BooterCE.Httpd.HttpServer.handleCommand()
at BooterCE.Httpd.HttpServer.OnResponse()
at BooterCE.Httpd.HttpRequest.Process()

I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious here.   ???

Yep its the file protection on winCE, trust model. it only allows signed executables to be ran from outside the windows folder.

I guess its because we broke the signature on booterCE, (but thats ok as its inside the windows folder), but when it tries to execute a process outside of that folder it fails.. (probably due to it being an unsigned app trying to execute something outside of the windows folder).

Patching nk.bin with the tool should correct this problem :)

Mick

is0-mick

actualy i have written a youtube client(using youtube api and some magic to get the actual flv url from youtube IDs) in php+xhtml+css+javascript using a custom CGI written in C that wrapps FFmpeg, so i can do the transcoding of flash video(FLV) to WMV9 on the fly. It´s currently in beta, but i plan to release it (GPL) when it´s ready.

Cool, I look forward to seeing it :)

Mick

meomais

My provider(Portugal Telecom) has some xhtml pages on a server and i redirect them on my router to my own web server, so i can display content on a normal unmodified box, actualy i have written a youtube client(using youtube api and some magic to get the actual flv url from youtube IDs) in php+xhtml+css+javascript using a custom CGI written in C that wrapps FFmpeg, so i can do the transcoding of flash video(FLV) to WMV9 on the fly. It´s currently in beta, but i plan to release it (GPL) when it´s ready.

Can you (or someone else), tell me how i can encode to WMV9 using Linux (ffmpeg or not) ?
Thanks

FantomWizard

I'm sorry that I'm reactivating this thread.

I managed to display a page from my web-server. Somewhere on the internet I found that the Tasman Engine supports mms streams. Now, the problem is how can I play one. Or, how can I play video from the internet/network without modding the device.

Go Up