is the modchip working on my x300t ?

Started by tumpulio, 15. May 2009, 07:01

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tumpulio

Hi to all,
i've installed the modchip on my x300t and modified all files on the hard disk. The only one file that i've not replaced is the TV2ClientCE2.exe.
When the box starts i can see on panel display Starting...... and on the tv i can see Updating...... After some minutes it shows Update failed.
The same thing happens with modchip and without it. I'm confused and i don't understand if the modchip is working and where is the problem: on the modchip or on the hard disk software.
Can you help me to investigate this issue ?

Regards,
Thank You

asgard

Use the serial interface on the modchip to check whats wrong....

tumpulio

Use the serial interface on the modchip to check whats wrong....

Thank You for reply.
I've corrected a problem with Atmega flash. Now, powering-on the box, on display appears "Starting" for few seconds. After that, the display shows the brand of service provider but on tv nothing is displayed (nothing on hdmi and scart).
Than powering-off the box and powering-on it again on display appears "Error" and the hard disk is is completely erased.

I'have not idea why this happens.

Another thing that i don't understand is how set the jumper on the modchip.

Can you help me ?

Regards,

Herman

that sounds like it is not booting # times and doing a full reset of the hd.  the bootloader checks this and re downloads all hd contents (well the boot partition) under certain circumstances.

What the modchip should do is bypass this and make it boot regardless (plus a few other things).  certainly adding the serial port or at least led's helps show the status of modchip and what it has done.

tumpulio

Thanks for reply, my modchip is the "low" version without led.

Now I'm modifying the modchip into the "high" version, with led e serial connection.

But, I've a question: What is the exact sequence / status for the leds?

My purpose is to make working this box without the subscription to the iptv, using is features of media center for viewing DVB channels and other stuff...

tumpulio

Hello everybody, today I've connected the modchip with led.
So, at start, the yellow led is up, after 2 seconds turn up the red for a second, and after this all the led are off.

So, what's happening? :)

Herman

from the README file with the chip hex & code..... :s

Green   Yellow   Red
    0        1      0   Reset detected
    1        1      0   CPU-ID OK
    1        1      1   CPU entered Debug Mode
    1        0      0   Patch OK / CPU left Debug Mode
    0        0      1   An error occurs

at no point should ALL the led's be off so you deffo have an issue, sounds as tho it isnt going into debug mode, is jtag enabled and are wires correct ?

tumpulio

Thank U, I've not found the readme.txt...

Yes, JTAG enabled and all wires are ok :(

any suggestion?

Herman

well has to 1 of
chip programmed ok
chip connected ok
jtag enabled

does it flash if you force the reset ?

tumpulio

well has to 1 of
chip programmed ok
chip connected ok
jtag enabled

does it flash if you force the reset ?

what reset do you mean? the reset on the back of the box?

Herman

no the reset pin which you connect to the usb chip.
remove the usb end of it (so the chip just has a floating lead connected to it) then momentaraly touch it to ground (any part of the chassis) - this should initiate a reset and make the leds toggle and at least change which indicates the chip is programmed

loneranger

hi i am also having trouble getting this to work, i get the led to detect reset then get 2 leds then it goes to just the green led i don't get the 3 leds has this worked patching or not also can you show me a picture of the back of your vero board so i can see the cut outs as i want to make this myself but not very good at reading the schematics of the board still using the bread board.

Herman

if it goes green then id say yes, depends what its doing thereafter ?

tumpulio

no the reset pin which you connect to the usb chip.
remove the usb end of it (so the chip just has a floating lead connected to it) then momentaraly touch it to ground (any part of the chassis) - this should initiate a reset and make the leds toggle and at least change which indicates the chip is programmed

Ok, but in this way I will disconnect the reset pin from the modchip, is correct?

if this is correct, when I connect the modchip to the ground, instead of the reset pin, it doesn't make anything... the led remains all off after the initial sequence just I've wrote before...

Herman

no you have a lead from modchip (the reset pin) which normally goes to the usb and detects reset. you can 'fake' a reset by grounding the lead for a moment which should make the modchip repatch the bootloader which in turn makes the leds toggle, again, something is wrong if all the led's are off

Go Up