Pics from Philips DIT9719 available ?

Started by mce2222, 12. Jan 2008, 02:07

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

mce2222

I assume you just want to use DVB-T (DTT) ...
technically the dit9719 and x300t are very similar, but I think no one found the JTAG port on the PCB of the dit9719.
with very good soldering skills, you might be able to wire up the JTAG directly on the CPU, but that is not recommended.

anyway, if you have that step done, then the next problem is the bootloader, which is most likely different (but similar) to
that of the x300t. the bootloader needs to be patched to allow running modified files.

then there is a last problem, which is that the application does not fully initialize if it cannot connect to the IPTV server.
the DVB-T does not seem to work correct if the application is not fully initialized.

mattybuk

Yes - ideally, I'd like to exploit it's HDMI / Optical-out and potential media sharing capabilities.

Is hacking it so that initialises without connecting to the BT Vision server out of the question?

mce2222

that should be possible... but it has not been done yet.

Hi All,

I'm another BT Vision / Philips DIT9719 owner. Ultimately I'd love to get it running Linux as a hackable PVR but from my browsing on the net I haven't seen much to do with the SMP86xx processors and Linux (well devices running Linux where the makers have released the source). Or whether its possible to even move it from Windows CE to Linux.

From searching on the web I found a Teac PVR in Australia that seems to be built from a similar platform that runs linux here - http://www.teac.com.au/file/product_manual_496.pdf and from a firmware I found this company that seems to have created their firmware and releases (some pretty ancient) Linux stuff but not sure of how much use it is. Link here http://netgem.com/en/supportLinux.php

Anyway, there's another person looking to hack :)

Peter

mce2222

well there are serveral devices with SMP863x running Linux now.
Popcornhour
Dune HD
Freebox HD

the netgem HD is also known, but they use an old 2.4 Linux
the others did not release their kernel sources.

anyway, it is possible to run Linux on any SMP863x, but you need some hardware adjustments to pull this off.
it is currently being worked on to get the Linux Kernel running on the x300t WinCE box

Go Up