new box with locked HDD

Started by gloader, 11. Mar 2010, 17:28

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Plasma

I'm working on getting a new box, know a few people with them now and my telephone exchange gets upgraded to fibre in May so was thinking of having a line installed and getting a new Vision Box. I'll happily dissasemble / photo it or might even consider posting it to somone if it will mean we can improve the knowlege on these things, and get them working right.

Plasma

is0-mick

I just missed bidding on one on ebay for £10.50 + £4.99 post + packaging inc hard drive....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160414232249

Mick

Plasma

Didn't realise they were so cheap, worth it just for the hard drive! :)

Plasma

is0-mick

I just grabbed one off ebay with the hard drive, and powerline adapters for £40.

Hopefully it'll be here in the next few days...Will crack it open and have a dig about :)

Mick

gloader

Nice one, keep us posted.. hope u can find a way to unlock this box then i can get mine working again :)

Make

HI there, I've got an identical problem with one of these seagate drives, out of a second hand bt vision box. tried this business with PACE FRANCE Master Security PWD2 , but to no avail.
HDAT2  tells me that the master password has been reset.I just want to wipe the drive for use in a desktop.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
thansk

kid-jensen

Hi all,
Same problem, an ex-BT Vision SATA Hard Disk that's just a paperweight at the moment.

Anyone found a sure-fire way to unlock the Password?

bulldog

I just want to say thanks you guys are amazing i followed the instructions , boot with HDAT2, and oh yes is loaded up now in my spare p.c. to be frank i have a real thirst for electronics but i dont realy have a clue. Saying this if i can unlock the dam hd,then any one should be able to. thank guys u r top trust me. i will be checking out for any easy hacks thats 4 sure. 

Go Up