Started by tube, 15. Mar 2010, 17:11

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tube

Hey there,

I get this error while pathing the nk.bin

Z:\Nkbintools>binmod.exe -i nk.bin -r BooterCE.exe
BinMod V1.0 built Apr  5 2006 11:32:47

Checking record #21 for potential TOC (ROMOFFSET = 0x00000000)
Found pTOC  = 0x91f96908
rom offset = 0x00000000
Error: File not found in image
Error: Replacement failed!

Also if I dump the nk.bin, this file seems to be missing.
I am using an x301t. Is patching not available yet for newer versions? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance!

Tube

mce2222

in the new firmware they splitted the nk.bin into two files   etc.bin and nk.bin

the booterce.exe does not exist any more because they now use a filesystem-filter that verifies the signatures
and also restricts where executeables have to be located to be allowed to start.

in this post you will find how to disable this filesystem filer
http://www.t-hack.com/forum/index.php?topic=642.0

tube

OK,

thanks, I did now tried to patch nk.bin with my modified .hv files, but it replies:

Code: [Select]
Z:\>binmod.exe -i nk.bin -r default.hv
BinMod V1.0 built Apr  5 2006 11:32:47

Checking record #21 for potential TOC (ROMOFFSET = 0x00000000)
Found pTOC  = 0x91f96908
rom offset = 0x00000000
Found 'default.hv' in the image! - located at 920ac3d4, size 00009fa7 compressed

Assuming pagesize of 00001000 for compression!
New file compressed = 00009fab, uncompressed = 0002c000
File too large for origional location, searching for new space...
Error: Couldn't find space in the image for file, replace aborted
The image is in a possibly inconsistent state and should not be used!!!!
Error: Replacement failed!

Any suggestions are welcome.

is0-mick

How did you modify your hv file?
I used a hex editor, and changed the sigcheckfiler.dll to sigcheckfilter.dl1

(think it appeared 2 or 3 times in the file)

that seemed to work fine

Mick

tube

20. Mar 2010, 14:36 Last Edit: 20. Mar 2010, 14:38 by tube
I did
binmod.exe -i nk.bin -e default.hv
Then I opened the hv file in "Hex-editor MX" and changed the two bytes (dll -> dl1).
Then I did
binmod.exe -i nk.bin -r default.hv
and the above mentioned error comes...

If I do not change anything, binmod.exe -i nk.bin -r default.hv works well however.

tube

20. Mar 2010, 15:34 Last Edit: 20. Mar 2010, 19:47 by tube
PS: Found out that the bytes needed to be changed differently to keep the hash value of the nk.bin.

So now I patched the bin, but If I update it on the hdd, the device does a software update and overwrites the nk.bin. Does this mean the modchip is not working? Only the yellow LED is on; after a few seconds the red LED turns on and the yellow turns off.

mce2222

if the LED is not going to green, then your modchip did not succeed in patching the loader in memory... so it will not have an effect.

nion

PS: Found out that the bytes needed to be changed differently to keep the hash value of the nk.bin.

how differently? i'm still stuck with this problem. changing the name bytes in the hv file changes the compressed file size and binmod fails to reinject it.

nion

i solved this now. for archiving purposes....
i changed the last byte of "dll" to "dl1", this makes the file (default.hv) two bytes bigger in the compressed form. i used http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=504286 to get a human readable hvm file. i checked it for version/program strings that can be changed/removed and nulled parts of them to get a smaller compressed binary blob. worked fine for both default.hv and boot.hv

Go Up