PACE DIT7431/05 (Black BT box)

Started by is0-mick, 30. Mar 2010, 18:48

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Plasma

Well mine arrived today, all up an running but with stock BT firmware! :(

Just itching for a reason to tear the "Warranty Void if removed sticker!" on the back! :D

Plasma

is0-mick

tell them its duff, they may just send another free of charge :P

Mick

redband

What is the PKG.DIR URL for the black box firmware?  I heard they are updating it at the moment, latest will be 1.6.3063.2844

Plasma

tell them its duff, they may just send another free of charge :P

Mick

What  a crackingly good idea, I might phone them later! I was also pretty disapointed to discover the new box isn't DVB-T2 compatible, also rather odd they advertise HD On Demand Content all over their website but don't give you an HDMI cable! :s

Plasma

Plasma

What  a crackingly good idea, I might phone them later! I was also pretty disapointed to discover the new box isn't DVB-T2 compatible, also rather odd they advertise HD On Demand Content all over their website but don't give you an HDMI cable! :s

Plasma

Tried that and no go, they wanted to send an engineer out, which if it was a customers problem would be about £117!!!! :(

One thing I have discovered is they have disabled the RF Out Modulator so I can no longer feed other TV's in the house via RF! (Thanks for that BT!) There is a menu option that says its off but I can find no way of enabling it, hoping if we get a mod chip to work on this we can restore that feature. Though its a little less pressing now my bedroom TV has freeview built in but still rather annoying!

Also was rather surprised to learn that it doesn't support DVB-T2, but searching around BT have said they are working on a box that does, so maybe we'll see another release of BT Vision in the near future is Freeview HD support.

Plasma

munkey

Does anyone want one of these boxes for spares?
I've taken out the 160GB disk and removed the fan, but apart from that it's all there.
I've left the remote and the power lead in the box.
You can have it for nowt, just cover the cost of shipping.
Cheers
Steve.

Zeenery

Hi I have read this thread with interest. I would like to be able to flash the box in order to use it but have visited the PACE website who appear not to publish their firmware. I assume that the box is very similar to other PACE products.

I also noted the comment about the DreamHD box so have downloaded the software from this page:

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm500-hd-flashing-dreamup

This connects to the box and interogates it enough to discover that it is not a Dream box. A small step forward.

If anyone wants to look at this to see if they can fool the software into thinking it is connected to a Dream box I am willing to risk killing my box to find out if it works or not.

Go Up