Add an extra Stream

Started by badway, 16. Aug 2010, 17:18

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

badway

Hi all,

I have a stupid questions, I use the box X301T with T-Home, everything is fine, I have now got some IP-Streams from an arabic provider.

the question can I add them to my channel list ??? is there a way to do so...

Thanks

badway

I have seen some people reading, but no answer, does this mean no one knows or am that stupid.

thanks

mce2222

how did you add the streams ?

badway

that is my question, can I do so ?

:o :o

mce2222

ah ok..
then it is not possible. IP streams are managed by the server. the channel list is stored on the server as well.
even if you would patch the software to use existing channels to point to different servers (which might be possible) then it is still not clear
if the streams are compatible.

badway

Is there a possibility to use a upnp or a DLNA server

mce2222

yes a upnp client is included in the firmware.. but it sucks :(
it only streams jpeg pictures and mp3 music.

microsoft said that they will add video streaming in the future, but there is no date when it will happen.
most likely not this year and probably also not next year

badway

thanks mce222 for the clarification.

just the last question, now if i have the box with the telecom sub, is there any advantage to jtag it ? I don't care about DVB-T or USB.
only streaming other services or upnp / dlna as mentioned before.

Thanks

mce2222

well with the modchip you can modify all files...
something you might be interested in could be the GUI XML files.
there are some options to add "links" to audio and video files hosted on http or MMS servers.
this might work for your streams in question, but I wouldn't bet on it.

modifications to the executable would allow to record programs that are usually not allowed to record... or to disable the PIN for adult programs

badway

Thanks mce2222 for your help.

I would give it a try, but it seems that my first issue is to get a screw driver for the box :)

btw, this will not affect my normal viewing ?

Thanks

mce2222

the modchip itself does not effect the normal viewing... it is also undetectable
when messing with the gui files, you should always have a backup ready because any small mistake usually causes the gui layout to be badly messed up...

Go Up