VIP1216 - It is way how to get a recorded videos?

Started by LinkmanSK, 29. Oct 2010, 13:57

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

LinkmanSK

Hi i have VIP1216, my set to box died some weeks ago but these pata hdds are still good and there are recorded data on it. But there is some kind of encryption i think because there is one partition with a folder called drvrol and there are my files. These files can be copied on my hdd but i cant open it. These files are with  *.SLC  content and now i do not know if is possible to open it or to extract it.

Another question - if i move these recorded files to same folder into my new set top box vip1216 it could be played (will they work?) ???

Mulder3

Hi i have VIP1216, my set to box died some weeks ago but these pata hdds are still good and there are recorded data on it. But there is some kind of encryption i think because there is one partition with a folder called drvrol and there are my files. These files can be copied on my hdd but i cant open it. These files are with  *.SLC  content and now i do not know if is possible to open it or to extract it.

The *.SLC files are a kind of virtual filesystem to avoid the inherent fragmentation of the FAT32 filesystem(WinCE doesn't support NTFS AFAIK)
The mpeg transport streams are interleaved on those files... and... they are encrypted... so, no, you can't extract the recordings...

Another question - if i move these recorded files to same folder into my new set top box vip1216 it could be played (will they work?) ???

That may work... as long as the AccountID guid doesn't change... (the DRM keys are tied to specific account on the server) But i'm not sure... If that works, please post your results here...

Go Up