Mediaroom 2.0.26130.102

Started by mce2222, 25. Jun 2011, 01:09

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

mce2222

Hallo,
ich hab mal meine alte x300t wieder ausgegraben und wollt mal ein update machen nachdem ich gelesen hab das Mediaroom 2 seit zwei monaten verfügbar sein soll.

beim desaster-recovery bekomm ich allerdings immer nur die version 1.6.25281.6
ist das jetzt ein zweistufiger upgrade der erst nach erfolgreichem boot mit der 1.6 weiterläuft ?
wenn jemand die version 2.0 auf der platte hat, würd ich mich über ein backup freuen ;)

Mulder3

If Google translated your post correctly, you are asking if Mediaroom 1.6 is needed to upgrade to 2.0?

Well, not necessary, if providers have a 2.0 DRA avaliable, but all of them have 1.6 on DRA, so you need to upgrade to 1.6 first, then it will upgrade to 2.0.  This happens because upgrades are not being "forced"(yet) on the login/discovery process. Instead they are sending mediaroom notifications for clients to upgrade at random intervals to avoid overloading the update server.
If you are running mediaroom 1.2 you also need to upgrade to 1.6 first, because(at least in Portugal) 1.2 login is no longer configured at PT mediaroom servers anymore.

mce2222

so that means no upgrade possible to Mediaroom 2.0 without subscription to the IPTV provider...

Mulder3

30. Jun 2011, 01:15 Last Edit: 30. Jun 2011, 01:18 by Mulder3
Yes :( Unless you use Wireshark on a t-home customer home network to find the actually upgrade URL where the parts/pkg are, then upgrade it manual :)

I´ll get you a 2.0 image as soon it's available in Portugal, i'm hearing it will be avaliable in a few next weeks.
I'm not sure how long till they set the default version to 2.0, so the DRA can update the image to 2.0 but i'd say, when 70% or so customers are on 2.0.

I wasn't even aware the DRA upgraded the image without a subscription. I've never actually tried to sniff the network during DRA, but without a valid subscription, does the DRA establish a secure session with bootstrap.asmx? 

Go Up