BT Vision box?

Started by MadKad, 06. Jun 2009, 10:53

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

MadKad

Hi

I have a BT vision box and was looking into making it a DVR while I was looking I come across this site and would love to do what is0-mick has done to there box.

I am confused on what stuff I need, please could some one point out the gear that is needed?

Also doing this is it able to record digital programs like a DVR?

hope some one can help, also I hope I have posted in the correct place.

Thank You for your time

is0-mick

http://www.t-hack.com/forum/index.php?topic=252.0

Theres a basic "how to" although it may be a little out of date now, it will give you the basics.

Mick

MadKad

Thanks mate, please could you tell me a little info on the modchip, I did a search here

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=searchProducts&searchTerm=TMEGA8&x=36&y=17

and it gave loads, I don't want to buy the wrong one, sorry.

is there a list of all the hardware I will need?

I see the Modchip Schematic, am I right in just saying I wiull need:

chip
100n capacitor
14 pin JTAG connector
standard JTAG cable
3 pin Jumper

programmer for chip

I have a PIC programmer, would that work for programing this kind of chip?

again thank you.

Herman

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=6283447 is what i have used

think mick used the 16pu too iirc.  All you need to prog is a dil socket and old printer cable which you can hack up to program :) and probably some veroboard to make a half deent hash of it unless you like the 'spiders legs' look

MadKad

Hi great thank you

am I right in saying I need to get 100uF capacitor?

as the schematic says there is one, but on the list of what the chip conects to it doesnt talk about one

is0-mick

wouldnt bother, its just for decoupling..

Mick

nomic

hey guys will a std cable jtag work i have the cartmans jtag

gefrocefx

thnx 4 tha file m8!  will have a look TY

hawesa

Hi,

There doesn't seem to be many answers to getting a BT Vision box working after leaving BT so I thought I'd add a simple solution that may work for people with a mate using BT Broadband and BT Vision working on it.

I left BT broadband and when my BT VIsion box rebooted (after about 30 days) it wouldn't get beyond a error screen trying to locate an internet connection.

However I have found a simple work around which involved taking my BT Vision box round to a mates house who had a working BT Vision service. I simply plugged it in at my mate's house and let it do it's updates then when I brought it home again, I was able to skip another upgrade screen (i selected the 'remind me in 3 hours' option). I also had to skip the initial scan for TV channels screen by selecting the 'BT Vision' button and immediately got the full menus back again.

So far (about 2 weeks later) the BT vision box has been working with no problem using a different broadband provider. Stuff like I-player works, I can also record and watch previous recordings again. I just must remember not to turn the power off. Standby seemed to work ok.

So, if you know someone with BT VIsion then see if you can give your old Vision box a jump start again.

Hope this helps someone. I know it doesn't solve how to hack it problems and get it working independently but it might just allow people to use their BT VIsion boxes for a little longer.

Go Up