Remote debugging

Started by is0-mick, 27. Apr 2008, 12:55

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

is0-mick

Hi,
Trying to connect to the box with VS2005, but can't seem to find file: DeviceAgentTransport.dll

In the BooterCE I noticed it looks for a folder called "win" , with the following files.
    debug1AppPath = RootPath + @"\win\ConmanClient2.exe";
    debug2AppPath = RootPath + @"\win\DeviceAgentTransport.dll";
    debug3AppPath = RootPath + @"\win\eDbgTL.dll";
    debug4AppPath = RootPath + @"\win\TcpConnectionA.dll";
    debug5AppPath = RootPath + @"\win\clientshutdown.exe";

I seem to have found all of them , apart from the DeviceAgentTransport.dll any ideas?

Hoernchen

I had the same problem, using a dummy file (empty file named "DeviceAgentTransport.dll") worked for me.
bringer of linux, conqueror of hdmi, jack of all trades.

is0-mick

Created a file, still can't get it working.

For some reason my files dont seem valid as when I try to run them via the web interface it throws an exception saying they not a valid win32 application.

I used the files from the mips_iv folder......

Do you have a copy of your files you used you could upload somewhere?

Thanks

Mick

Hoernchen

I used the files from the mips_iv folder......

Try the mipsii folder ;)
There is no need to start anything from the web interface, just add the files, reboot your box, and it will happily accept any debug connection from MSVC2005.

Hoernchen

I've attached a sample project, the only thing you'd have to do is change the ip address of the target device under Tools->Options->Device Tools>Devices>Properties>Configure to the IP of yor box. I have no idea if my project works in its current state, it was just a test for enumerating devices & modules, calling dll functions etc, because i've somehow managed to break my jtag_enable, so no more testing stuff till a new box arrives....
The only prerequisite is the windows ce standard sdk.

is0-mick

Thanks guys.
Got it working with the MIPSII files...

Cheers

Mick

Go Up