HOW TO

Started by is0-mick, 29. Aug 2008, 17:27

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tiptop

Clock Settings Help?
Hi Guys,please can anyone advise on clock settings using Picprog? as I cannot get ponyprog to work.
Thanks in advance

tumpulio

absolutely.
However, a pre compiled exe or zip of this is not freely available as it is copyrighted material.
The 'normal' tv2 exe is in the nk.bin file, but various tweaks have been done to allow a tv2 exe here instead which means a complete new nk.bin doesnt need to be made in order to boot it.

The exe was decompiled in reflector (i think) to source code which can be recompiled to execute. all the modifications (which i think are allowed and documented) are made against this source to make the changes required.

I've not found any documentation about that, someone can give me some news? thanks...

tumpulio

no one as any suggestion about the tv2clientce.exe?

wolfie

Hello

Is it possible to mod a Kiss KMM3010 with a "bootchip" or is it possible to open the security in it, so i can use it for opening a stream on the network?

Regards
Wolfie

Plasma

no one as any suggestion about the tv2clientce.exe?

Well I'm now at the same point as Tumpulio, I've connected up the hard drive to the PC and followed the "HOW TO" guide.

*Patched the NK.BIN with the BooterCE2.exe then run the Neo Patch and copied it back to the drive.
*I've replaced the Content files with the patched ones.
*put the "win" directoy on for debugging though not sure how much use it will actually be to a noob like me!

Then I get stuck at "replace the TV2ClientCE2.exe with the patched one".

Can someone either point us to a downloadable file (via PM so the link isn't public?) or point me in the right direction to compile my own? I have various iterations of Visual Studio so if someone can let me know which version I need and where I might get the modified source to compile that will be great.

The only other thing then is to wait for my modchip to arrive!

Plasma 

Plasma

This is the board that Pete (DarkNeo) made for my box

Any chance of a look at the underside of that board? I'm going to try and build a digital vero board picture with a program I found on the net, I'll post back my results once done but a picture of the underside might make my life a lot easier!

Plasma

is0-mick

If you know your chip is programmed correctly (and you dont want the LED's) you dont actually need any board..

You can just tag the wires straight onto the chip legs, then hot glue the chip direct to the card reader board (legs pointing up over).

Mick

Plasma

Ok I was just thinking that if I were going to the trouble of modding it, for the sake of a little more time I might as well put the lot in. But I guess what you are saying is, now you guys have done all the hard work, us idiots can follow on with just the "modchipminimal.png".

Just wasn't sure if I was ever going to need the "ISP Connector" or the "Serial Out", so planned to build a board like Neo's with the options there if I ever needed to use them. I have the thing 3/4 drawn in the vero-Board program, so I may shelve it till my chip arrives and see how it goes without it. Then if I have problems go the whole hog and put the LED's etc in there.

Cheers

Plasma

Plasma

06. Jul 2009, 13:26 Last Edit: 06. Jul 2009, 17:36 by Plasma
Well its arrived! I've fudged together a programmer and used PonyProg to program the chip. I used an old usb lead for the +5v supply, so my programmer has a Parallel Connector and a USB!

Followed the instructions, but have a few questions...

1) I used the "Write All" after setting the options in the HOW TO. Thought it seems to program ok, Should I be able to verify it? When I do a verify I get .. "Verify FAILED!". Is this expected?

2) Along with the hex there was a picture of the "reset" connection, should I use the one in the picture, or the one with the orange dot on page 4 of the HOW TO?

3) On the "modchipminimal.png" it shows pins 2, 4, 6, and 8 of the JTAG going to ground and pin 14 to +3V3. Do I need to do anything with these? From the pictures on page 4 it looks like I don't but thought I'd check!

Once I have these answered I'll stick it in the box and I should be up and running!

Cheers

Plasma

Plasma

06. Jul 2009, 17:40 Last Edit: 06. Jul 2009, 17:57 by Plasma
Well in the absence of a reply and me being too eager to find out if it works I plodded along with the install.

The box now seems to boot a LOT further. But it seems unstable, it gets to the "Scan for channels" screen. I set it scanning for channels, it updates the time as I see it alter in the top right. It gets about 17% though then the box reboots and starts again.

Looks like I'm in business, got the box up and running (I think)!

Note to self - I should really research more before posting with problems!

But I asume as I'm getting to the above screen now it means the Modchip is programmed/installed correctly?

Cheers

Plasma

is0-mick

Yep, if the modchip wasnt running you would immediately get an error NR01 when trying to boot with a modified kernel.

Mick

Baron_Lex

hi, is it possible to either get the patched TV2client.exe emailed form someone or can I get the source to recompile from anywhere?

daveangel

20. Sep 2009, 16:04 Last Edit: 21. Sep 2009, 21:58 by daveangel
thanks, excellent work!!!!

isomick?????  modshack isomick??

is0-mick

thanks, excellent work!!!!

isomick?????  modshack isomick??

:)

Mick

Blackflorescent

Hi,
Im thinking about embarking on this project and was wondering whether this modification has left the box with all the functions;

tv, recording and epg ?

Go Up