Compilable TV2ClientCE VS Project

Started by DarkNeo, 23. Oct 2008, 03:59

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

DarkNeo

Just wanted to let you guys know I've managed to get the Reflector exported code compiling in VS, and most importantly, it's actually partly working.
There's still probably a lot of little pitfalls all over the code, but it gets to show a C01 error ;D

My FTP is currently down (and I hate filesharing sites), so I'll upload tomorrow, hopefully I'll get it going further than the C01 :)

asgard

Hey DarkNeo,

you can upload it in the wiki also ;)

Greetings
Asgard

Herman

Oooh very well done !!!

Even a partially compilable code is a step in the right direction as im well aware of looking at IL code is hard work.
Be interested to read your results and how you decompiled / tweaks so that the process is reproducable on other versions :)

is0-mick

Just wanted to let you guys know I've managed to get the Reflector exported code compiling in VS, and most importantly, it's actually partly working.
There's still probably a lot of little pitfalls all over the code, but it gets to show a C01 error ;D

My FTP is currently down (and I hate filesharing sites), so I'll upload tomorrow, hopefully I'll get it going further than the C01 :)

COOOOOOL :D

Well done, I look forward to seeing your work :)

Mick

mce2222

that is definately interesting... however it is also a dangerous path due to copyrights.
patching the existing app on the IL level is a different story than publishing copyrighted 3rd party sources.

that could quickly lead to legal problems

DarkNeo

Yeh I was considering the legal issues...

Tell you what, in a few days I'll post how I got it decompiling to the first 'state', along with the tools needed to do that, and then a series of patches  ;D
Should get around those pesky legal issues...which are in a gray area really, since this isn't their source code, it's our version of their code...so it's debatable whether it's legal to distribute.

I'm also going to post my BooterCE.exe wrapper that loads the main booter code from a DLL (and replaces the DLL if a new update is found).

Plasma

Any news on this? I've searched the Wiki and the forum and can find very little info if any at all regarding the TV2Client (I realise there may be some legal issues around this, but surely instructions as a pose to blatently posting the code???).

I've installed VS 2008, decompiled it using Reflector, run the project import wizard as it said it was in a different version, but I'm struggling to get it to re-compile successfully. I can switch to VS 2005 if necessary.

Someone made reference of an SVN repositry, does such a Nirvana exist? I'm a bit of a newbie where C# is concerned but I'm a fast learner. Just looking for any links, help or nudges in the right direction.  :P

Cheers

Plasma

nion

Has there ever been an update to this? i was recently looking into building a modified version of the client to do some debugging and the produced code of reflector isn't anywhere near something i could compile with visual studio.

Importing the code into visual study yields to ~260 errors and looking at those, the code is really broken.
I checked if it makes any difference whether I use VS 2008 or 2010 but there is no difference at all.

Has anyone recently tried this?

Go Up