yamon setxenv - pflash write/erase timeout fails

Started by redband, 02. Apr 2010, 17:26

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

redband

Making a start on Linux on the old btv box (silver)  but hit a couple of problems....

First problem, can't get the modchip to react to the GND'd pins so only way to boot yamon or linux kernel by renaming them to nk.bin

Next prob, trying to set the parameters in yamon seems to fail.

YAMON> setxenv a.linux_cmd "console=ttyS0 root=/dev/hda3"
Original value: "console=ttyS0 root=/dev/hda3", New value: "console=ttyS0 root=/
dev/hda3"
Updating XENV block at 0x48000000********************************pflash write/er
ase timeout fails.

XENV verification OK.

setxenv by itself shows the value set, but it does persist after a reboot, which I gues is the whole idea of setting this.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Red

is0-mick

well I have on the first problem.. its the modchip. The way the x300t box boots is slightly different. It was too late to patch the filename as its already loading the NK.BIN when the modchip patches... hence why it doesnt patch the filename.

The code actually does patch it.. but its too late :)

So thats one explained.....
Unsure about the other.. sure mce2222 or someone will reply tho :)

Mick

redband

Hi Mick,

Thanks for the quick answer on that one.  The linux/yamon switching should be too much of a problem as I would need to do it too often....

Flashing the the setxenv parameters may be more of a problem tho.

Also found a problem when trying to initialise network.

YAMON> net init
Ethernet driver for EM86XX (v1.0)
(MAC 00:11:de:ad:be:ef, tx_desc/rx_desc = 16/32)
em86xx_eth: bogus mac address detected.
em86xx_eth ethernet start
re-configuring ..
em86xx_eth: bogus mac address detected.
em86xx_eth ethernet start
no link, please check cable
NET_DHCP_open failed.
NET_init() fail.
Error : Internal, code = fffffffb

I'm starting to wonder if something else wasn't completed by the modchip...

mce2222

"net init" does not work in yamon after the iptv bootloader started... not sure why that is, but I think yamon does not correctly reset the ethernet port during startup.

the pflash timeout is very strange. have not seen that before.
maybe the flash is write protected ?

redband

"net init" does not work in yamon after the iptv bootloader started... not sure why that is, but I think yamon does not correctly reset the ethernet port during startup.

So does that mean tweaking the the modchip timing, or do I have to do something with yamon?  Could it be a mismatch between the yamon on the device and the yamon loader?  how do I find out the true yamon version?  I have a feeling that the label "Revision 02.06-SIGMADESIGNS-01-2.7.176.0" relates to the ya.bin I used from this site.

the pflash timeout is very strange. have not seen that before.
maybe the flash is write protected ?

The environment seems a bit light on parameters too only the xos keys (in the output below you can see the a. key that I set, but this isn't written properly to pflash).  In other examples I found there were a lot more variables set...

YAMON> setenv

fpu (R/W)

YAMON> setxenv
(0x00)    4 x.boot 0x00008000
(0x00)    4 x.ds 0x00010040
(0x00)    4 x.d0.cfg 0xe34111ba
(0x00)    4 x.d1.cfg 0xe34111ba
(0x00)    4 x.dt 0x00000001
(0x00)    4 x.csf 0x00000002
(0x00)    4 x.l2rzc 0x0000000c
(0x00)    4 x.l2xz 0x00000015
(0x00)   30 a.linux_cmd "console=ttyS0 root=/dev/hda3"
9 records, 172 bytes

YAMON> pflash probe
CPU_remap4 map to 0x48000000
Parallel Flash address: 0x48000000, bus width: 16
  ID : AMD/Fujitsu Standard
  Size : 16384 KB (0x1000000)
  Buffer Size : 5
  Regions : 1
        0 : 0x0 - 0x20000 * 0x80

Herman

I did wonder whether it was write protected also.  there is a jumper by the epoxy on the flash ic which made no change in setting any global conditions.  never got around to removing the epoxy to trace the lines properly

redband

Do you have a non-destructive method for removing the resin?  or just a spare box? :-)

Go Up