HOW TO

Started by is0-mick, 29. Aug 2008, 17:27

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

mike1646

Is it just me or has the MegaUpload download link gone bad? More specifically: -

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3RSDLGI8

warrmr

The Files you need that were in that Rar are included with Visual Studio 2008. The file names are as follows

ClientShutdown.exe
CMAccept.exe
ConmanClient2.exe
DeviceAgentTransport.dll
eDbgJit.exe
eDbgTL.dll
TcpConnectionA.dll

Info from the MSDN website on how to use these files and where to find them.

mike1646

Ah, I thought there was some Pre-patched stuff in it, got a bit confused.

Thanks.

warrmr

The only stuff that migth have been in there was a couple of XML files to turn on a few fetures.

All i have done with my box is chip it with the extended modchip wiht LEDs and the serial debug interface.
Patched the NK.Bin with ISO-Mick's and Neos Patching tool.
Put the debug files on there and running a partially custom TV2ClientCE.exe that a few of us are working on to get the TV Guide and the DVR stuff runing.

Its going to be a hard slog to get the DVR stuff running as alot of it is reliant on the webservice even loading your stored recordings.

feboy73

Complete Noob but been given a BT Vision box and was wondering if anyone would recommend me trying this as would love to be able to use the box (as it was a freebie) as a media player to enable me to watch US content via web on my TV?  Or will it be to difficult?!

is0-mick

Without knowing what your abilities are.. it would be hard to comment.

If you can solder, use a PC, and have enough time to read everything, then it will be easier....

We all started somewhere.

Mick

Nick_28

Thank you very much, Mick! You are doing a great job!
Could you please let me know where do I get the patched TV2ClientCE2.exe file? Is it needed anymore? I tried to read everithing and I said that is not needed anymore as TV2Client.exe in Content folder is a dummy.
Thank you!

Herman

its very much needed as is the basis of 'tweaked' work going on.  the dummy file is there as the 'normally' executed file lies within the nk.bin file.  However, this is disabled and our 'tweaked' tv2clientce2.exe is placed there and run instead.
Unfortunately, this isnt public but patches and code snippets are as is a hacked copyrighted file and therefore somewhat dubious

gkinghrn

Without knowing what your abilities are.. it would be hard to comment.

If you can solder, use a PC, and have enough time to read everything, then it will be easier....

We all started somewhere.

Mick
I'd also have a go but my soldering skills etc are pretty crap but if anyone wants to program the thing i'll happilly install it and mess about thereafter...  ;D

Guess i am really in the position of waitig for somethign i can just 'plug' in so to speak and i feel a bit of a cop-out..but willing to let my bt vision box be experimeneted on...

IS there anything i can help with at all here given my poor skills..

fbnts

28. Feb 2009, 19:16 Last Edit: 28. Feb 2009, 19:18 by fbnts
Hi,

I have obtained the Atmega8 chips but now need to program them.  Can anyone recommend any hardware programmer? (I'd rather not build one) or can I buy the chips pre-programmed?

I am willing to pay for someone to program the modchip and create the board so that I just have to solder the cables to the board. :-)

Tom

is0-mick

Hi Tom,
to program the chips, you just need four wires and a LPT port on your pc.

The schematic should be included with the chip hex etc in the archive.

Mick

fbnts

Ah, ok - thought there may be a pre-built programmer.  I presume parallel is the only way to program (not available via USB?).

Will have to dig the old PC out with a parallel port on!

I notice from the schematic that it shows connections to JP1 is that required?  Also, is that a Capacitor between +3 & Gnd?

Tom

is0-mick

Hi Tom,
You can also buy pre-built usb avr programmers, but for me it was simpler and cheaper just to use 4 wires :)

You can get away without using the capacitor, or the jumper.

Mick

fbnts

Would the following be suitable:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330299494010&cguid=c7beee7211d0a0aad360ba20ff6e61ff

Also, I have done all the file system changes, except on page 2 it mentions
Copy the patched TV2ClientCE2.exe to the folder \Hard Disk\TV2ClientCE\

I could not find this in any of the files/zips.

Is this still necessary?

Tom

Herman

02. Mar 2009, 11:43 Last Edit: 02. Mar 2009, 13:54 by Herman
absolutely.
However, a pre compiled exe or zip of this is not freely available as it is copyrighted material.
The 'normal' tv2 exe is in the nk.bin file, but various tweaks have been done to allow a tv2 exe here instead which means a complete new nk.bin doesnt need to be made in order to boot it.

The exe was decompiled in reflector (i think) to source code which can be recompiled to execute. all the modifications (which i think are allowed and documented) are made against this source to make the changes required.

Go Up